Thursday, May 9, 2013

Entry Way Makeover and some Laundry Room pics

I deleted my first post over all this because alas, I am a dumb ass.

Let's pretend that it was filled with my usual razor sharp wit and you were dying at how clever I was.  

Now back to reality-ville.

I am just posting pics and sources. Stupid undo button. Damn it.





sources:
flooring: Tranquility 1.5mm North Perry Pine Resilient Vinyl Flooring found here. $0.79.sf
rug:  Olin Rug 30x50 from Crate and Barrel found here. $24.95 on clearance (I think.)
frames:   Dollar General with added ribbon.
sign: made it from a 1 x 3 and some stencils
hooks:  I got these a billion years ago off ebay and the wood is a 1x12 that was in our garage when we moved in.
clock: Was my mom's and she thought it didn't work anymore, so she bought a new one and I swiped it.  Works just fine for me!!  Thanks mom!
art: Was an old piece of art with an italian poster for wine.  Painted over it and made the "What I love most about my home is who I share it with."

Now, a peek at my laundry room/pantry:
before:

after:

Yep, it's black and sexy as hell!!  I freaking can't wait to show you all the pics, but I still need to put up a shelf and some art in there...and now I'll have to re-clean it because it's got folded laundry piled high on the dryer.  

Do you do that?  You know, pile laundry up, do you leave it in baskets?  Do you restart the dryer so you don't have to fold it or to unwrinkle (dewrinkle?) it? Don't tell me you actually wash, dry, fold, and put it away.  Braggin' ass.  Or do you also iron it?  Freak.  

Right now I would pay upwards of $1000 for a decent nights sleep. 

xoxo,
Kari

SUNDAY: The DIY Showoff 
 MONDAY: Thrifty Decor ChickDittle Dattle,Between Naps On the Porch, Homemaker on a Dime
TUESDAY: Tip JunkieToday's Creative BlogStrictly Homemade
WEDNESDAY: Not Just A Housewife Sugar and Dots The Mommy Club  THURSDAY:My Repurposed LifeHouse of HepworthsBeyond The Picket FenceThe Shabby Chic CottageSomewhat Simple 

FRIDAY: Fingerprints on the FridgeMiss Mustard SeedRemodelaholic, Chic on a Shoestring,  Shabby Nest
SATURDAY: Funky Junk InteriorsTatertots and Jello 


2 comments:

  1. Hey, found you through the inter-webs - I wanted to ask how your flooring is holding up. We are also looking in to getting the Tranquility 1.5mm North Perry Pine from LL. Thanks in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers.
    Shower Taps

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)