I have completed the following:
1. Primed and painted all the old trim and the back of the door.
3. Painted the ceiling
3 1/2 . (Forgot I did this) puttied all the old holes and sanded them flat to the wall
4. Painted the walls white
6. Impatiently waited to pull of all the tape it took me 2 hours to do :)
7. Ripped the tape off and admired my work!!
8. Installed (Okay, Colin did it and I handed him tools) installed a new curved shower curtain rod
Things left to do: fingers crossed I think this will all get done during Spring Break
1. Tile the floor (already have the tile from a project that didn't get completed at our old house) Woohoo, no new costs!
2. Install the new bathroom vanity I scored at Home Depot...was $450, got it for $150! I had admired it for a while and heard they were having a paint sale (half price Ralph Lauren paint) and they were getting in new vanities and this was marked down!
3. hang the new mirror-scored on Craigslist for $20
4. Install the towel hooks Mr. TSL is making for the girls
5. Install the new light and exhaust fan w/light (Hayley told me when we moved in she didn't like showering in their because it was too dark!)
6. Accessorize.... I think I have almost everything. I've got 2 small projects for a beach sign and a large wooden seahorse to hang above the toilet.
Here is my inspiration for the bathroom:
This is the reading room created by Layla and Kevin Palmer over at theletteredcottage.net (Check them out, they are AMAZING!!) Eventually I will learn how to make a button, so you can just click a word in my blog and it will lead you to their posts! Until then, google them!
The next is something similar to that with the horizontal stripes. It was designed by the Sherry and John over at younghouselove.com . Again google them they are astounding at making something fabulous on a budget!
I am planning on making a seahorse like this one to hang above the toilet:
I will post pictures of my progress when I figure out the camera....the button is