Wednesday, April 16, 2014

$5 Garage Door Makeover and counter top sneak peek

Sorry, it's been 10 years since I've blogged.  I've been super busy with, well life.  It takes like 65 hours for every online teaching application.  Usually after hour 40, my computer crashes and I curl in the fetal position to cry.  I'm being a little dramatic...maybe.

I'm like thisclose to finishing up the kitchen.  On Friday, Mr. TSL has no school so we will be rocking the subway tile together.  If it doesn't get done Friday, I will do it Monday by myself.  The counter top looks amazing and I LOVE IT!!!

Her are some picks of it being glued up and then stained.  It look phenomenal!  So much better!

Now to the garage door, last summer I painted it  gray and we put up some huge house numbers Mr. TSL cut out with a jigsaw from a 1x12.

before:

After:

Now the front of the house had a little more depth.  White house, white garage door, white trim.  Got a little boring.  This helped, but I really wanted a fancier garage door, so.....

I saw these:

I saw these 5 Gallon Stir Sticks.  They were like $1.20 each at WalMart.  I painted them ORB like I painted the handle and lock on the garage door.  Then I took some liquid nails and glued them on like carriage doors :)


I really want to stain the concrete something warm to balance the gray and white....all in due time friends!!

xoxo

Follow Me on Pinterest

Linking up to:
SUNDAY: The DIY Showoff 
 MONDAY: Thrifty Decor ChickDittle Dattle,Between Naps On the Porch, Homemaker on a Dime
TUESDAY: Tip JunkieToday's Creative BlogStrictly Homemade
WEDNESDAY: Not Just A Housewife Sugar and Dots The Mommy Club  

THURSDAY:My Repurposed LifeHouse of HepworthsBeyond The Picket FenceThe Shabby Chic CottageSomewhat Simple 
FRIDAY: Fingerprints on the FridgeMiss Mustard SeedRemodelaholic, Chic on a Shoestring,  Shabby Nest
SATURDAY: Funky Junk InteriorsTatertots and Jello 

28 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I really love the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative idea, Kari! Thanks so much for sharing at the Remodelaholics Anonymous link party this weekend -- we'll be sharing this on Facebook! (I work at Remodelaholic with Cassity :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A home makeover is an effective way to distract yourself from those predicaments. I hope things worked out with your applications, the same way the makeover worked out perfectly for your kitchen and garage door. Just keep your creativity flowing through those improvements. A pleasant environment inspires positive thoughts. Cheers!

    Greg Marshall @ Crawford Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about economical and effective makeovers! Who would’ve thought this makeover merely cost you $5? It was so creative of you to come up with that practical renovation. Thanks for sharing!

    Lynne Hollaran @ Suburban Glass Service, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice post I love read this kind of blogs about Garage Door makeover. thanks for sharing I enjoying reading them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new counter and the garage door look amazing. I love the idea of using the stir sticks to create a carriage style garage door. It just goes to show that you can do anything when you think outside the box, and you saved a lot of money with just a few accessories and paint. I hope you were able to stain the concrete a different color.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)