We got the bathroom done!!!!
Drum roll please....buh, buh, buh, buh, buh.....
If you'll recall the bathroom looked like this before:
One more of the after, just for good measure :)
Inspiration for this bathroom
Inspiration and execution of the DIY shower curtain
List of Crap I did:
1. Primed and painted all the old trim and the back of the door.
3. Painted the ceiling
3 1/2 . (Forgot I did this) puttied all the old holes and sanded them flat to the wall
4. Painted the walls white
6. Impatiently waited to pull of all the tape it took me 2 hours to do :)
7. Ripped the tape off and admired my work!!
8. Installed (Okay, Mr. TSL did it and I handed him tools) installed a new curved shower curtain rod- decided almost immediately that it wasn't going to work in this bathroom like it did in our old house, but didn't say anything because Mr. TSL worked very hard to hang it!
9. Tile the floor (already have the tile from a project that didn't get completed at our old house) Woohoo, no new costs!
10. Install the new bathroom vanity I scored at Home Depot...was $450, got it for $150! I had admired it for a while and heard they were having a paint sale (half price Ralph Lauren paint) and they were getting in new vanities and this was marked down!
11. painted and hung the new mirror-scored on Craigslist for $20
12. Install the towel hooks Mr. TSL is made for the girls
13. Install the new light
14. Accessorize.... made the seahorse and used other beach stuff already owned from our old bathroom!
Total Cost BREAKDOWN:
toilet, grout, faucet, thinset, caulking, shims, vanity light and random other things $209.27
towel hooks- $6 ($2 each....bought 3 for those of you doing the math on your fingers!)
shower curtain-$3 (made from twin size bed sheet from Wal-Mart
actually used as table cloth at the anniversary party)
shower rod-$5 from craigslist
Tile-had it from an old project Mr. TSL thinks we only paid like 50 cents per tile.
$393.27 :) Beat that sucka....sorry I'm a little competitive!!
Check out my GIVEAWAY too!!
-Make you life beautiful!!
|Between Naps on the Porch|
|Crafts Keep Me Sane|
|Homemaker on a Dime|
|Making the World Cuter|
|Skip to my Lou|
Weekly Parties I Crash