Monday, April 18, 2011

Painted Stairs- The BIG REVEAL!!!

 I love them!  I keep walking by them and smiling!  The walls haven't been painted up the stairs yet, that's on Friday's TO DO List!  My parents are coming over on their day off to help Mr. TSL and I redo the bathroom and paint the vaulted stairwell-I am super afraid of heights...... and roller coasters, well any carnival-type ride really.

If you will recall the little stairs looked like this to begin:
This is the BEFORE WE MOVED IN picture!

This is after I tore the carpet off-I love the Harley, our border collie's feet at the top!
After thinking I could stand them like this for a long long time, it took about 2 weeks and I needed to do something with them.  So, I decided to paint them with porch paint!  I looked for lots of inspiration. I decided that I am keeping the palette of our house in Ralph Lauren Cobblestone, black, white, and shades of green.  I decided the stairs should be green-I found a fabulous shade of green, but flubbed that up!

Then they looked like this----GAG!!

 I rushed back to Wal-Mart and exchanged the color for a fabulous shade of Army Green!

Here are the little stairs redone-please disregard the kilz primer on the wall-it will be painted over soon!


And now for the big stairs!!

They looked like this:



After much inspiration and quite a few back aches, I am proud to present my new stairs!!


So, what do you think?  Do you love them?!?

Cost- $19.97 for porch paint (I only used 1/2 gallon, still have 1/2 gallon-what to do?:) )


-Make your life beautiful!!

20 comments:

  1. I love the "come on up" they look great!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you stenciled them!! I have to do ours in the next 2 weeks--eeeek!!!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a really cool idea! It looks great! I can only imagine the backaches involved in creating those . . . but I think it was worth it!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love them! it's the perfecting wording for stairs :)
    is porch paint best for stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are fantastic! I love this project. Glad you joined me, please add my link or button to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color... much better than the mint greenish.
    And I love that you stenciled the big stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is crazy cool! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's so cute! and it adds personality. we have carpeting on our steps too. i dislike it so. it's hard to keep clean and even harder to vacuum. our steps are similar to this... i just worry about noise...are the steps any noisier without carpet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look awesome... Love the stenciling!.....Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the painted words! They look wonderful!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great! I am bookmarking these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stairs are looking good. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm crushing on painting stairs... your's are charming! I'm putting them in the PoPP Spotlight. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you did! If you still have 1/2 gallon why not paint the railing the same colour? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I can't wait to do this to a house someday.

    found you via funky junk interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so cool. I love the graphic look of the words. I featured you today on my favorite things :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-favorite-things_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I'll be featuring them tomorrow :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)