Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chevron Painted Floor {Subfloor}

I did it!!  I painted the subfloor and it cost me only the price of 1.5 rolls of painters tape!!  I used the leftover paint from my painted stairs and some charcoal and white I already had also!!  I hand painted the whole floor with a brush.  I started just to see what it looked like and didn't stop :)

I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!

Before we moved in it looked like this:

I ripped all the carpet out and exposed the subfloor.  We lived on that for 3 months before I decided to paint it.

Here are pics of the floor after the carpet was taken out.
This is actually the kitchen floor where the nasty foam carpet was.
So much better :)
During....
Ran out of painters tape twice...the yellow is automotive painters tape :) Use what you've got, right?
The stray yellow piece is from Audrey, she started pulling the tape off.

And all the Afters...........

 I know this floor is just temporary, so I didn't fill in the cracks, sand it, prime it or anything fancy.  I literally swept it and started painting.  I don't care if it wears off in spots or if it's perfect.  The dog walked across it in a spot, I was going to paint over it...but I like it :)  I also messed up a little in one spot where I went over the tape.  Oops!

I also painted the vents because I couldn't have the fabulous floor and nasty old vents.
BEFORE

AFTER

 I cleaned them and sprayed them with Krylon's oil rubbed bronze :) Love them!

This whole project took about 3 days.  I was only working in 15 min to hour time spans because that's all I could squeeze in.  I painted 2 coats of the white and it probably needed 3 or 4, but I am into the worn look :)

I just realized that I have a lot of :) in this post....I really love it :)  It makes me smile!

-Make your life beautiful!!





I also entered this in Creating with the Stars!!



SUNDAY: 
The Girl Creative ,
The DIY Showoff
,
Sisters of the Wild West
,
The Tattered Tag
,
Flamingo Toes,

Under the Table and Dreaming
,
I Heart Nap Time


 MONDAY:
Skip To My Lou,
Thrifty Decor Chick,
C.R.A.F.T.,
Sew Can Do,
Dittle Dattle,
Between Naps On the Porch 
Homemaker on a Dime
Making the World Cuter

TUESDAY:
Tip Junkie,
Type A
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Today's Creative Blog
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Strictly Homemade
A Diamond in the Stuff
All Thingz Related
Handmade Tuesday

WEDNESDAY:
Blue Cricket Design
Not Just A Housewife
Someday Crafts 

Handy Man, Crafty Woman
Sew Much Ado
Organize Your Stuff Now
Seven Thirty Three
Sugar and Dots 
The Mommy Club 


THURSDAY:
My Repurposed Life
Paisley Passions
House of Hepworths
Beyond The Picket Fence
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Somewhat Simple

FRIDAY:
Whipperberry
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Miss Mustard Seed
Remodelaholic
Chic on a Shoestring
Shabby Nest
Tidy Mom
Little Lucy Lu
My Simple HomeLife

SATURDAY:
Funky Junk Interiors
Be Different Act Normal 
Tatertots and Jello
Young and Crafty

32 comments:

  1. fabulous! i love that you were bold and brave enough to do this-but like you said, it's the subfloor. so why not try something fun like this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Your fearlessness paid of big time! This looks great and those minor imperfections makes it look like its been there forever. I just imagine that down the road, if the next home owner goes to refinish whatever fabulous floor you finally choose, that they find this special surprise on the subfloor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart. :) Love how it turned out. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog.. if you haven‘t already. Hope to see you there. {I’m a new follower.} :)

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am your newest follower through Crystal & Co Blog Hop! I love this post and look forward to following your blog!

    Please come visit me at http://aspiringnewmoms.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! This is SO awesome! I'm officially jealous.. :)

    xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow ... so freakin' awesome! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so cool! What a fun idea to brighten up the floor under your table! I love the chevron stripes! I have a party going on over at my blog if you want to join! I'd love to have you! Check it out under the "Stache Party" page on my blog: mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic idea! My husband would divorce me if I painted our brand new wood floors, but this is going in the mental file for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely positively LOVE this floor!!! "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery," right? Just remember that when I use your post for inspiration!

    Deborah
    visiting from
    upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoah it's incredible! WOW! I have a crafty crush on you because I don't know that I would have the guts to do this! I mean I've seen it before and I always love it but I'm a huge chicken! I need to take more risks! I hope you will show this off at my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/08/vip-party-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! You are a very brave girl and look at the amazing pay off! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is AMAZING! Looks like a fancy rug from the pics! Great job! :)

    PS - Found you from FOF!

    -Kelly @ www.viewalongtheway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is amazing, I love love love the chevron and the colors! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaaaaaay you!!!! I ripped my bathroom carpet out a couple weeks ago & you're inspiring me!!!
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeee!!!! That is AWESOME! I love that you can just wipe up any spills and don't have to worry about a rug getting dirty. So fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just featured this at Little Lucy Lu!
    Thanks so much for linking up for Share the Fun Friday!
    Hope to see you again!
    ~Bec :-)
    (Feel free to grab a Little Lucy Lu Loves Me button from my buttons page if you'd like one!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just fantastic. You are after my own heart -- just grab the brush, start painting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks great! You are brave to paint the floor, but it turned out fabulous!
    ~*Jessica Lauren @ Copy-Cat-Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  20. I freakin' love it too! Great job on the straight lines! Come check me out!

    www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice job - your floor looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, it looks great and I am so proud of you. I get nervous when I paint. I just painted stripes on my wall and that was hard but I would love to do this one day.
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring.
    following you now
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It has never occurred to me to paint a floor... Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, please! I love this! How awesome! I knew the second I saw this I wanted to feature it! Feel free to stop by and grab a button! Great job!!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2011/08/five-feature-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome Kari!! :-) Love it :-) we were featured together over at CraptasticKatie! :-) And you can put as many smiley faces as you want, because it looks flippin' cool! :-) :-)
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is unbelievably great! All those zigzags....you must have great patience.

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would have thought a zillion a times before ripping off the carpet. You are brave and why not.. you did a great job.

    We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is really amazing! What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is SO amazing! I love that you made what you already HAD work until you can get what you really WANT! Can't wait to see your projects for CWTS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love it! Was so worth the time and effort you put into it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)