Monday, May 23, 2011

Kids' Gallery Art Wall

I have collected so much of the girls' art over the years and especially this year (their art teacher is great!)
That I decided to frame it all in a gallery grouping for the dining room.  It turned out great!!

To do this, I collected a bunch of frames I already had-most of them were already black.  Sprayed the one's that weren't black with a few light coats of black spray paint. Made mattes for half of them because they had none. Put the girls' art in and voile la!  The arrangement itself took longer than putting the art together!

I laid it all out on the living room floor and moved it, walked away, tweaked it, walked away...until I had it just right.  Then I heard the bus and snapped a quick pick of it and picked it up, so the girl's would step on it when they walked in. 

I got into the dining room with it to hang it, flipped the camera on to view the pic and it was gone...so I started over in the dining room.  I laid it on the floor in there and snapped the pic...this one took :) Plus, I could easily measure it to find where it needed to be placed on the wall!

Here it is on the floor:




For some of the 3D art-like the fan and the picture made out of beans (and my @ sign)-I just put white paper in the frame and hot glued the art to the glass.

Because Audrey just won't make anything for me yet (she's only 8 months!)  I painted her feet yellow and had her "print" on some paper for me, then I stenciled SMILE over it with hot pink!  She also got her hand painted hot pink and made some hand prints for me too!  I can only imagine what her little mind was thinging while I was doing this! 



-Make your life beautiful!





Between Naps on the Porch
Crafts Keep Me Sane
Homemaker on a Dime
Making the World Cuter
Dittle Dattle


Skip to my Lou



Add caption

Add caption
Tuesdays:
Adiamond in the Stuff
Coastal Charm

Weekly Parties I Crash

Monday
  craftThe Graphics FairySumo Sweet Stuff Boogieboard CottageBecolorful Making  
Tuesday
PhotobucketStrictly Homemade Tuesday My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Anything Related LINKPARTYBUTTON
 

Wednesday
a beach cottageDragonfly Designs Creations by KaraThe Trendy Treehouse
NightOwlCraftingShow and Tell Green  

Thursday
giveawaysMy Repurposed LifeTransformation Thursday A Little Knick KnackBeyond The Picket FenceHouseofHepworths
It's a KeeperSuzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom  

Friday
Furniture Feature FridaysmonogramBubbly Nature Lovely Crafty HomeTidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingCraft GoodiesPhotobucketTickled Pink at 504 Main Designer GardenStuff and Nonsense  

Saturday
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Sunday
UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off

4 comments:

  1. Now I wish I had done something like this when my girls were little -- they're OLD now, in their 20s. Not too late, though -- and one is an artist, luckily.

    LOVE the little footprint idea; so sweet!
    I have 8 month old great-nephews -- really adorable -- if your little one ever needs a prom date!

    Thanks for sharing -- it's a lovely wall, and a fabulous idea, such treasures need showcases!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!!! It really makes an impact and looks so "important" dresed up with frames and mattes.

    I'm sure it really makes your kids proud to have their work displayed like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea with the 3D art! I can't wait to do this in our next house. We're only renting this one for a year, and we leave this summer, so it didn't seem worth it when we moved in to take the time to plan out a gallery wall. But I've been saving up all of my favorite drawings from my son so that I can make one in our next place. Yours is so pretty!
    I featured your bathroom makeover today!!! I love it so much; that seahorse is fantastic!!!
    http://inside-outdesign.blogspot.com/2011/05/before-after-thursday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "@" sign you've added to your gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)