Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Questions and Answers


I came across this Christmas survey on Welcome to Heardmont this weekend and I thought I’d fill it out for fun.  Here are 22 things you might not have known about the holidays at The Sunset Lane!
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Both!!  It must be Braum's Eggnog and homemade hot chocolate from this recipe.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
He wraps them.   Santa always uses different wrapping paper too! Morgan's first Christmas, Mr. TSL and I didn't wrap the presents until Christmas Eve (I was too lazy/busy to do it before then.)  This started the tradition of all the presents coming from Santa....last year Hayley asked why Mr. TSL and I never got them any gifts, just Santa.  Some of their friends at school get gifts from their parents.  Oops!  This year there will be presents from mom and dad too!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white lights on our tree.  The lights on the house are colored, but I would prefer them to be white, but the kids love them and that's all that matters!!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes, it's actually an ornament that looks like mistletoe and Hayley always tries to trick Morgan so she can kiss her....Morgan hates it!
5. When do you put your decorations up?
I would have them up in July if left to my own accord.  From Halloween on I beg Mr. TSL to put them up....he is the Christmas nazi and says not until after Thanksgiving. Boo!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I make a kick butt cranberry salad, but my favorite is my mom's stuffing....made in the bird, not the Stovetop crap (I love Stovetop though!)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Laying under the Christmas Tree with my brothers.  We would lay under there for hours looking at the lights!  I also miss putting all the decorations up with my brother Michael.  Even after I moved out, he would call and have me come to mom's to help him put it all up!!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We did a few times when we were little. But i don't usually wrap the presents until that night, so the only gifts under our tree were what we get in the mail.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I like a combination of ornaments in a certain color scheme and sentimental ornaments all on the same tree.  Maybe one day we’ll have another tree just for personal ornaments. 
11. Snow! love it or dread it?
LOVE IT!!!  If I had my way, we would move to Colorado and we would have more of it!! I think watching the girls play with their mittens and little pink noses is amazing!!  
12. Can you ice skate?
Nope, I've never been. :(  My little brother and his fabulous wife took the girls last year and they had a blast!  they got back and had the most gigantic bruises on their knees...ended up being stain from the blue ink in their new jeans getting wet :)


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Mr. TSL got me a huge painting print of Van Goh's Starry night, he hid it behind the piano and I never saw it!  Good thing I don't dust! :) 


14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
The look on the girls' faces when Christmas morning arrives!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
All of them!!  
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We read the girls "The night before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. But, it's a close second to driving around Wichita looking at lights!
17. What tops your tree?
An angel!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Absolutely, hands down giving!  
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
Eh, their okay.  
20. Favorite christmas movie?                                                                                                     National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation -from the dickie with the sweater to the "Shitter's full" (which we say ALL the time!)


21. Saddest christmas song?
Can't think of one, but the Folger's commercial with the brother and sister kills me!  When my brother was in Afghanistan it made me ball!!


22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Baby it's cold outside! 
I’m curious to see how you guys would answer these questions.  Do we share any favorite Christmas traditions?  If you play along, leave a link so I can come visit and see your answers!



Thanks Meredith for the Holiday Fun!!

-Make your life beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. I did it!

    http://jessica-the-messica.blogspot.com/2011/12/meet-your-hostess-volume-2-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you did the Q&A! I've never had Braum's eggnog - I might just have to try it this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Kari!! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)