Until then, the painted floor does me fine.
With one exception...the kitchen floor.
It had that nasty foam backed tile-looking crapet (yep, I said crapet)
Please note the crapet in the above pic....the decor was left from the previous owner and found its way to the GW or the trash can :)
Paint made it light years better! However, where the foam use to be is a serious stain looking dirt collector. Gross. I can scrub and scrub and just the paint comes off. Boo.
After a few months, the spots reminded me of flashing. No not the kind where you show your boobs. The kind when you paint over a patch on the wall with out priming . The wall is shiny except where the patch is.
Long story, well long. I decided I would have to paint over it to make it look clean. Problem is I am out of the green paint.
Looks like a new runner was in the works.
So, I sat down and taped off the floor and started painting.
Things I discovered. The painters tape pulls the paint up that is on the foam yellow crap. So, the runner looks cool, but you can see the tape marks...oops.
My second discovery. The vent on the front of the fridge looked like it was nursing a batch of kittens. I couldn't even see the vent. Honestly, I thought the carpet was covering it. If you look at the pic above you will see that there was a bit of carpet left under the fridge, dishwasher, and stove.
When I pointed out the batch of kittens to Mr. TSL and I decided the fridge would have to wean them, it was time for them to be on there own...in the garbage.
So, after that tirade...here it is.
Now on to my birthday...
today is my 30th Birthday!!!
Crazytalk. So, I had this list. I am a list maker. I will make them and check them. However, I abandon anything I feel like I am not got to thoroughly complete. This list pissed me off because I knew I wouldn't complete all of it.
1. Lose 30 lbs--didn't happen...still working on it though. I am thinking more like 50-60lbs now and I plan to do that over the next year. If I grow a pair, maybe I'll share it with you guys.
2. Get my wedding ring fixed- I bent the crap out of it when I was carrying in paint cans. I don't know if that's how it got bent, or if that's when I noticed it. But it happened in like January...needs fixed pronto!-didn't happen either. I never remember to go to the jeweler when I run into Wichita. Maybe, I will put all of the stuff in my purse and go do it Saturday. I would really like it fixed.
3. Go out to dinner only 2 times a month-only on kids eat free night! This should help with our budget :) For the most part we have stuck to this. However, sometimes our family pays for it, so I don't count that.
4. Finish painting the kitchen and dining room floor-yep I started it!
5. Finish painting the green dining chairs-they may be gray..not sure yet. They did end up gray. Read about that here.
6. Exercise twice a week-anything else is a bonus. Totally slacked off on this one. A few weeks this happened, but not every week.
7. Organize the kitchen cabinets-totally did this one! I am excited to start the kitchen redo for realskies soon!
8. Help mom decorate her house-we didn't finish, it's a work in progress. They are redoing both bathrooms, then we'll move on!
9. Floss daily I have managed to do it around 5 times a week, better than my old 2 times a week :)
10. Build a baby gate-Mr. TSL is making one for me :)
11. Get a mani/pedi- I've had manicures twice, but never a pedicure! So, I didn't go get professional mani/pedi. But Hayley did them for me, so it totally counts!
12. Take vitamins everyday.
13. Paint dresser in the garage for Morgan and Hayley- I totally need to post it.
14. Drink a cup of tea before breakfast. I've been drinking lots of tea...I quit drinking pop a year ago and it's fantastic!
15. Build book shelves-still working on them.
16. Do something nice for my brothers-all of them- I made them all Thanksgiving dinner and prayed for the one who couldn't make it.
17. Stencil a wall (I stenciled a tray and LURVE it!!) Read about that here.
18. Host Thanksgiving for my family
19. Plant flower bulbs in the fall, so we have beautiful flowers in the spring!
20. Go for a couples massage! We'll be doing this soonish.
21. Dress up for Halloween-I was a black cat! Meow:)
22. Carve pumpkins and decorate the house at the beginning of October
23. Make a faux fireplace mantel-Mr. TSL is working on this :)
24. Make the girls' lunches everyday They like to eat at school, so I'll make their lunches when they ask me to.
25. Declutter the house-Working on it!! This is a work in progress
26. Spend less time on the computer. Only after the kids have gone to bed, or before they are awake. Still working on this. I am only on it while Audrey is sleeping!
27. Put clothes away after I fold them--I wash them, dry them, fold them and stack them on the dryer. Totally suck at this one. Told Mr. TSL if we had a stackable washer and dryer I couldn't do this...no dice.
28. Make dinner by 5:30 every night
29. Teach Audrey to walk and wean her around 12 months or so. She is amazing!!
30. Read Janet Evanovich book 17
-Make your life beautiful!!
SUNDAY: The Girl Creative ,The DIY Showoff ,Sisters of the Wild West ,The Tattered Tag ,Flamingo Toes, Under the Table and Dreaming , I Heart Nap Time MONDAY:Skip To My Lou, Thrifty Decor Chick, C.R.A.F.T., Sew Can Do, Dittle Dattle, Between Naps On the Porch, Homemaker on a Dime, Making the World Cuter TUESDAY: Tip Junkie, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Today's Creative Blog, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Strictly Homemade, A Diamond in the Stuff, Handmade Tuesday, Stories from A to Z WEDNESDAY: Primitive and Proper, Blue Cricket Design, Not Just A Housewife, Someday Crafts, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Sew Much Ado, Organize Your Stuff Now, Seven Thirty Three, Sugar and Dots The Mommy Club THURSDAY: My Repurposed Life, Paisley Passions, House of Hepworths, Beyond The Picket Fence, The Shabby Chic Cottage, Somewhat Simple, Inspired by Charm FRIDAY: Remodelaholic, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Miss Mustard Seed, Chic on a Shoestring, Shabby Nest, Tidy Mom, Little Lucy Lu, My Simple Home Life, Whipperberry,
SATURDAY: Funky Junk Interiors, be Different Act Normal, Tatertots and Jello, Young and Crafty