Monday, February 24, 2014

Kitchen Tile and some killer finds!!

I bought all the subway tile and all the goodies to put it up.  I'll be getting on that hopefully in the next week or so.  It's not a large space, so it shouldn't take too long to get done.  But, alas I think that about everything.  The kitchen island countertop is thisclose to being done.  I can almost taste it, that would be weird to taste you countertop, but whatever.  Judgy, much?!?

I'm hoping it all looks like this when I'm done:

via
So, I peruse Craigslist to find all kinds of goodies. This weekend I scored big twice.  We nabbed 117-large concrete pavers for $1 each!!  I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can get outside and work on some curba appeal!  On to my next score.....

I saw this pic on cl:

I like the dresser, but not for $125.  Plus, I hoard dressers, chairs, lamps, and rugs.  See that rug in the corner?  It is a vintage oriental rug.  I called about it.  The lady said she'd ask her husband if he wanted to sell it...he said no.  Then she said, I bet if you came in you could talk him into selling it to you.  So, I went in.  He was grumpy.  He said no.  I went in and instead of asking if he'd sell it, I offered him $40 for it.  He just looked at me like I was crazy.  He said, sure but you'll have to come back tomorrow because I can't move all the furniture off it by myself.  So, I did.  It's enormous.  Like 11 feet by 11ft ish.  Freaking huge.  for $40.  I'll post better pics soon, I am cleaning it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)