Plus, I didn't tell you...... the Grocery sign is made from the inserts in your dresser designed to keep your clothes from falling to the underneath drawer!!
I totally forgot to show a pic of the dining room before and then an after so you can compare. Blogger was being a booger for me, so I didn't make the list of crap I had done either. :) So here we go!
|This is the pic before we bought it.|
A similar view, but after :)
Another After :)
|look closely and you can see I haven't painted the kitchen area yet!|
One last before
And My lovely after:
1. Painted it green-decided I didn't like it and repainted Ralph Lauren Cobblestone which is my go to neutral color (LOVE IT!)
2. Painted all the trim white-it was an orangey golden oak color-YUK!
3. Yanked up all the carpet-for now we are living on subfloors and my Pier 1 rug that is too small for under the table. It's way better than someone's dirty carpet. Plus, way easier to clean up spills-it is a dining room after all.
4. Made some art for the walls-more on that later.
5. Hung the kid's art gallery wall
6. Replaced the crappy misplaced fan and weird bug filled globe light with my Pottery Barn Knock-Off Chandeliers.
7. Redid some freebie stools my mom scored me from her apartment that were getting thrown out!
8. Got bamboo blinds from Payless Decor
Remember when I talked about my green chair inspiration. Well, I am hoping to have some headway with that project soon!
I am currently working on all my dining chairs. I scored these chairs from H4H (Habitat for Humanity) for $2 each during their Memorial Day Sale.
More on those later!
Now the red folding chairs at my table now are outside chairs I brought in when we had friends over last weekend, they looked like this before:
I didn't prime them or sand them-they are outside chairs and that was too much work!! Just dusted them off and scraped a little loose paint.
-Make your life beautiful!!