Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Ideas and Cranberry Salad Recipe

So, I totally need to start decorating...this weekend!
First, I have a cranberry salad recipe that will knock your socks off!  Promise!
I can't stand the gelatinous muck that comes out of the can.  Gag.  {to be fair, I have never actual tried it, but it gives me the willies!}

I made this recipe up a few years ago to avoid looking at the can crap.

Cranberry Salad with Cream Cheese Topping 
1 lg can of Mandarin Oranges (drained)
4 Apples(I use Fuji, you'll want sweet apples to balance the tart cranberries)
1(12oz bag) of fresh cranberries
1 (3oz) pkg of strawberry jello (raspberry and cranberry are good too)
1/2 c Sugar

Pulse the apples and the cranberries in the food processor.  Drain oranges and toss with apple and cranberries.  Toss sugar and jello into fruit mixture and stir.  Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Cream Cheese Topping 
2 pkg cream cheese (room temp.)
1c Powdered Sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 lg can crush pineapple drained
4c cool whip
1 c chopped pecans

smash cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.  cream together until smooth.  stir in pineapple. fold in Cool Whip. mix thoroughly. add pecans .  You can make this ahead of time and let it sit for about 20 min before serving or just make it when needed.


It's so delicious!!  Try it!!


Now on to Thanksgiving Inspiration from Pinterest:








-Make your life beautiful!!

2 comments:

  1. You had me at cream cheese topping. You could put cream cheese topping on a can of dog food and I would probably eat it. :)

    And ohmygoodness... that kid's table (second from the last)! The drawn on placemats and the tag placemarkers! Lovelovelove.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)