Monday, November 14, 2011

The Burberry Drafting Stool

A few months back Mr. TSL and I went to Habitat 4 Humanity....I hate putting the 4 instead of the word for, sidebar,  We picked up this vintage drafting stool for chicka what?!?  $5   I may have ran to it and guarded it like a fool while Mr. TSL looked around to make sure no one realized he was indeed with the crazy-chair-snatching-lady!


I have enough brown and tan stuff, I was going to recover it....a little too complicated.  Then I was going to spray paint just the frame (which I still may do later).  The fabric is in perfect condition, there is a little chipping on the metal base...but I don't care.

It needed something. It was boring.  So, I scanned the nation....well, pinterest.
And saw these fabulous Burberry nails:



Then I looked up Burberry and pinned a bunch of stuff.

Yep, we were going Burberry.  When I say we, I mean the chair and I. :)







After staring at my new stool, something was bugging me....it was the white lines.  The black needed to be on top....fixed it!
all better!!
P.S.  I snatched that globe at a thrift store...$4.98


-Make your life beautiful!


SUNDAY: The Girl Creative ,The DIY Showoff ,Sisters of the Wild West ,The Tattered Tag ,Flamingo Toes, Under the Table and Dreaming I Heart Nap Time  MONDAY:Skip To My LouThrifty Decor ChickC.R.A.F.T.Sew Can DoDittle Dattle, Between Naps On the Porch, Homemaker on a Dime,  Making the World Cuter TUESDAY: Tip JunkieA Bowl Full of LemonsToday's Creative BlogFunky Polkadot GiraffeStrictly HomemadeA Diamond in the StuffHandmade Tuesday, Stories from A to Z WEDNESDAY: Primitive and Proper, Blue Cricket DesignNot Just A HousewifeSomeday CraftsHandy Man, Crafty WomanSew Much AdoOrganize Your Stuff NowSeven Thirty ThreeSugar and Dots The Mommy Club  THURSDAY: My Repurposed LifePaisley PassionsHouse of HepworthsBeyond The Picket FenceThe Shabby Chic CottageSomewhat Simple, Inspired by Charm FRIDAY: Remodelaholic, Fingerprints on the FridgeMiss Mustard SeedChic on a ShoestringShabby NestTidy MomLittle Lucy Lu, My Simple Home LifeWhipperberry
SATURDAY: Funky Junk Interiors, be Different Act Normal, Tatertots and Jello, Young and Crafty

16 comments:

  1. Cuuuuute!!! Love it Kari, so very Burberry! lol, that rhymes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome! i love the burberry style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really love this! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Love me a little Burberry plaid on a bargain stool!
    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Great job. The burberry was a perfect fit. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simple, so fabulous! don't you love an easy update that looks AH-mazin'??? i do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the burberry look!
    I host a weekly upcycling party and would love it if you linked this project up. http://tinyurl.com/upcycled71

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! This turned out great. Stopping by from The Shabby Creek Cottage link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I L O V E this!! Would look great on a vanity stool as well...

    Visiting from Sugar & Dots :)

    PS ~ I am hosting a giveaway at my blog over the next week, I'd love for you to drop by and enter. http://coastalpines.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-first-time-anthropologie-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOKS AMAZING!!! Love the colors. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet home. I'm your newest follower. Cute blog
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nail coloring every day is my style, rainbow colour in nail is my favorite for routine days, I doing it by computerized machine, You work is beautiful and never tried before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your chair looks great - nice pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is GORGEOUS! What a brilliant makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Found you at Flamingo Toes. We have so many of these chairs at our family business just laying around with duct tape and all sorts of yucky deteriorating foam. I did redo a different drafting stool and now I am inspired to makeover one of these!
    Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the burberry look. That is so smart!! I have a friend that would LOVE this. She is a burberry snob. Great idea!! Thanks so much for sharing at Strictly Homemade Tuesday!! I always love seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)