Monday, October 3, 2011

Meal Making Monday Crab Alfredo

Don't forget to stop by Sew Dang Cute and vote for the best projects in Crafting with the Stars!!



I hate jar alfredo.  It's not very delicious. It's not awful, but this is soooo much better.
We eat at Bella Luna every once in a while and Morgan usually orders the 6 cheese pasta.  It's delicious, but I figured I could totally make it.  :)  I made this and she said that it was better than the 6 cheese pasta!

My pic isn't the best, but it's worth trying the recipe. Promise :)

I made this on Friday and it was one of those days, so excuse the pic.  I was making it and decided to share the recipe with you, I forgot to take pics of the process or the kids eating it.  Oh well.

This serves like 6-8 people.  So if you need less, cut it in half!
Homemade Crab Alfredo with Bowtie Pasta

2 pkg cream cheese
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 jar of parmesan cheese
garlic powder
cayenne pepper
crab
bowtie pasta

1. Cook the bowtie pasta with the directions on the package.  I only chose bowtie because that's what the 6 cheese alfredo used at Bella Luna.

2. In a large skillet melt the cream cheese with the chicken broth.  This will look nasty at first, like runny cottage cheese.  I use a whisk and just keep stirring until it's mixed better.

3. When the cream cheese is mostly melted add the milk, butter, and parmesan cheese.

4.  When those become melded together into deliciousness sprinkle the garlic powder and cayenne pepper.  Be a little conservative with the cayenne...I like the heat, the kid's whine about it.

5.  Chop up the crab.  (I use imitation crab, real crab is reserved for eating it by itself.  Immitation crab is for this and crab ragoon-we'll do that recipe later!  :)  )

6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.  EAT!!

-Make your life beautiful!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)