Thursday, October 20, 2011

Old Window Headboard

Sadly, this is my last entry for Crafting with the Stars. :(  Bummer...but, I still lurve the project!!

I struggled this week....like, a lot! I was going to paint some fabric and that didn't go as planned...I don't sew. My sewing machine is basically a giant paper weight, so I needed to be a little more creative. So, I made my daughters some headboards and painted them some curtains!!



I painted the striped curtains with hot pink paint and a white twin top sheet from Wal-Mart. After I painted the striped curtains, I painted the old window frames I picked up at a flea market for $10 each. They started red and I painted them white originally.  I used them in our bedroom as the headboard.



I'm thinking of making a tufted or different headboard for the master bedroom now!








For this, I switched it up to a much more girly pink! I planned to paint a multi-colored chevron to use for the headboards...epic fail. 



My inspiration for this project was this amazing set from PB Teen:



I may have had a mild nervous break down.


After I decided it wasn't the end of the world, I headed to Joann's for some fabric. While I am perusing, but what to my wondering eye should appear, but a perfect striped chevron and eight tiny reindeer. Seriously, they already had their Christmas crap out! I passed on the reindeer and picked up the fabric and a few more fun ones for pillows! For the headboard, I just stapled the Chevron fabric to the back of the old windows and screwed them to the wall. I took the lazy way out on the pillows...heatbond tape. It's my guilty pleasure...no sewing just my trusty iron. The iron only gets used for heat bond and to iron on Girl Scout patches....I do not iron our clothes. Oh, no my secrets out :) The girl's love their new room and I couldn't be more pleased and I only had one mildly neurotic episode!! 






We're not quite done with their room...I'm thinking they need this piece of art work and a few more ideas I pinned from pinterest!





I'm thinking it would be easy to add these to a pre-made white quilt or comforter!
Mama may not sew, but she can modify!







-Make your life beautiful!!

SUNDAY: 
The Girl Creative ,The DIY Showoff ,Sisters of the Wild West ,The Tattered Tag ,Flamingo Toes, Under the Table and Dreaming I Heart Nap Time 

 MONDAY:
Skip To My LouThrifty Decor ChickC.R.A.F.T.Sew Can DoDittle Dattle, Between Naps On the Porch, Homemaker on a Dime,  Making the World Cuter


TUESDAY:
Tip JunkieType AA Bowl Full of LemonsToday's Creative BlogFunky Polkadot GiraffeStrictly HomemadeA Diamond in the StuffAll Thingz RelatedHandmade Tuesday,
WEDNESDAY:
Blue Cricket DesignNot Just A HousewifeSomeday CraftsHandy Man, Crafty WomanSew Much AdoOrganize Your Stuff NowSeven Thirty ThreeSugar and Dots The Mommy Club  
THURSDAY:
My Repurposed LifePaisley PassionsHouse of HepworthsBeyond The Picket FenceThe Shabby Chic CottageSomewhat Simple, Inspired by Charm

FRIDAY:
Remodelaholic, Fingerprints on the FridgeMiss Mustard SeedChic on a ShoestringShabby NestTidy MomLittle Lucy Lu, My Simple Home Life

SATURDAY:
Funky Junk Interiors, be Different Act Normal, Tatertots and Jello, Young and Crafty


5 comments:

  1. I love the room. Especially the hot pink striped curtains. It's coming along very well so far. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love everything you have done. The colours are gorgeous and the room looks so beautiful.

    I have posted about a few of my favourite pins on my blog so if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! I would be honoured if you could also link up your post to my weekly Pinning and Singing Pinterest Linky Party as this post is just fabulous! I have also created a Pinning Bloggers Master List at my blog that you might be interested in joining.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! Great job!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    P.S. I'm having a big art print giveaway that I think would be so so perfect -- come see if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! Great job. Love those hot pinks here. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! I love it, very creative!

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)