Friday, March 11, 2011

You know, they say geniuses pick green--but, you didn't pick it.- Part 4 Add some color to your life

I love green!  I think it's the feeling of new spring growth and all things natural.  I like almost all shades of green and Mr. TSL loves green too!  (Finally a design element we agree on.)  Currently our kitchen and dining room are a shade of celery green called Olive 3---it is one of those colors that looks better on the swatch than it did on my wall :(  So, when we get around to rearranging the cabinets and patching some spots, I will be repainting them Cobblestone by Ralph Lauren.  I will keep the accents of green, it's wasier for me to decorate that way then to keep repainting the walls.  (I have painted both bathrooms twice since we moved in 6 months ago!) 

Every time I asked Mr. TSL what color to paint the walls, it was always the same---green.  (I knew what color they were getting painted, I just extended the courtesy of asking because he lives here too.)  However, I was going to paint the master bath chocolate brown (I have always wanted to try something this bold.), but Mr. TSL put the kibosh on that!  I asked him what color he wanted-green.  Green, it was I did pick everything else.  He picked a color called La Fonda Jalapeno (BIG MISTAKE).  Not only is the name dreadful, but the color is terrible.  I was willing to try to live with it because I am a giant control freak when it comes to decorating our house I felt like he chose it and I should respect that.

La Fonda Jalapeno is Kermit the Frog Green.  While, Kermit is rockin' with his GF Miss Piggy, he is not a pleasant bathroom color.  It hurt my eyes was almost hard to shower in there!)
I tried to grab some decorations from around the house and in the final reveal to Mr. TSL he said "This is terrible."   Thank God, he said it.  I then drove to Lowe's and had the paint girl fix the green to look more like the color of the background of my header.  It is much better looking now!! 

I digress and here are some fantastic kitchens!
Fantastic Green Kitchen

Love the windows!
Green Bathrooms:
This is what color our bathroom started out as, I like how they used it though!
Love Love Love
Dining Rooms:
Beautiful
Lovely Dining Room
Bedrooms:
Love the black accents!
Bedroom
Living rooms:

This is the same color our green bathroom use to be, but I love it here.
They say geniuses pick green----SO PICK IT!!!  :)

Make your life beautiful!
-Kari

1 comment:

  1. Every beautiful house should have beautiful bathrooms. you can make your bathroom beautiful through installing amazing shower doors.
    Frameless Shower Door has got amazing and new designs of shower doors for your bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete

I love all your comments! Thank you for stopping by :)